- Published Dec 23rd
- Ready In1h
These delectable treats – a cross between a cupcake and pie – have been a Christmas tradition in my family as long as I can remember. Try making them in miniature muffin tins for an office party or potluck – you’ll be a hit, I promise! Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting and decorate with colored sugar, halved maraschino cherries, chopped nuts, etc.
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chesscakes for 24 servings:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
Chesscakes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Chesscakes, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chesscakes is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chesscakes within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Chesscakes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). You will need two un-greased, 12-cup muffin tins for this recipe. (You may want to spray tops of muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray so cake does not stick).
- 2 Prepare cake mix according to package directions; set aside. Roll out pastry dough to 18 inch thickness. Using a floured, round cookie cutter that is slightly bigger than the muffin cups, cut 24 circles of dough. Place one dough circle in each muffin cup, pressing dough gently into bottom and sides. Dough should come about halfway up the sides of each muffin cup.
- 3 Place a rounded tablespoon of raspberry jam into each pastry-lined cup. Pour prepared cake batter into each cup over jam and pastry, filling just to the top of each cup.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool briefly in pans, then loosen with knife and remove cakes to wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 7.3 grams of fat; 31 grams of carbohydrates; 1.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 219 milligrams of sodium.