This is a delicious cookie recipe. My nephew and niece cannot stop eating them! Deliciously chocolatey goodness in every bite. The best part is, they are nice and soft, which is the way I like them.
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Beat vegetable shortening and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in one egg until completely incorporated. Beat in last egg along with vanilla extract and water. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended; fold in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Calories 199
- Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Fat 10.1 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Sugar 20.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.