This pizza is a breakaway from the traditional red sauce pizza. Homemade Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, spinach, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese pair beautifully on this pizza. While homemade dough is always a plus, feel free to use store-bought pizza dough (I prefer Winco® pizza dough). Perfect for 2 to share.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in milk. Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir Alfredo sauce until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 Combine remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Rub mixture evenly on both sides of chicken breast.
- 4 Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast and grill for 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- 5 Cut pizza dough in half and shape each into a heart. Place dough on the prepared baking sheet and pierce all over using a fork.
- 6 Bake untopped dough in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with Alfredo sauce. Top with sliced chicken strips, chopped spinach, remaining Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- 7 Bake pizzas until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Calories 938.8
- Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Fat 41.2 g
- Fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Sodium 2362.6 mg
- Sugar 10.7 g