- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h 10m
Chicken and Biscuit Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken and Biscuit Casserole for 6 servings:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas, drained
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2/3 cup milk
Chicken and Biscuit Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken and Biscuit Casserole is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken and Biscuit Casserole within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken and Biscuit Casserole easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2 In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the garlic, onion, celery, and carrots in butter until tender. Mix in the flour, sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and pepper. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, boil 1 minute, reduce heat, and stir in peas. Simmer 5 minutes, then mix in chicken. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 3 In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 teaspoons dried basil. Stir in milk to form a dough. Divide the dough into 6 to 8 balls. On floured wax paper, use the palm of your hand to flatten each ball of dough into a circular shape; place on top of chicken mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cover with foil, and bake for 10 more minutes. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over biscuits.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 450 calories; 13.2 grams of fat; 48 grams of carbohydrates; 33.5 grams of protein; 96 milligrams of cholesterol; 2015 milligrams of sodium.