Beautiful braided crescent roll with chicken and broccoli.
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
- 2 In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
- 3 Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
- 4 Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 580
- Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Fat 36.3 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Sodium 755.5 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.