- Published Mar 26th
- Ready In45m
Chicken and Rice Soup I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken and Rice Soup I for 8 servings:
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, boiled chicken
- 1 cup milk
- ground black pepper to taste
Chicken and Rice Soup I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Chicken and Rice Soup I, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken and Rice Soup I is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken and Rice Soup I within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken and Rice Soup I easily:
- 1 Cook celery, onion, rice, bouillon, and water about 20 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed by the rice. Remove from the heat.
- 2 Make a cream base: Combine butter and flour in a small skillet, making a paste. Add 2 cups milk and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- 3 Add cream base to the rice mixture. Add chicken and 1 cup milk. If the soup seems thick, add more milk. Add pepper to taste and serve hot.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 16.9 grams of fat; 28.6 grams of carbohydrates; 12.1 grams of protein; 58 milligrams of cholesterol; 435 milligrams of sodium.