Published Apr 4th
Prep 30m Cook 53m Additional - Ready In 1h 23m
Servings 8 servings Calories 388.4
Chicken with rice, or arroz con pollo, is a staple at our house. This dish is highly seasoned with cumin, ginger, garlic, and a great deal of cilantro. We like it best when it is made with chicken wings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 chicken wings, tips removed and sections separated
- 2 ½ cups coarsely chopped onions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped peeled ginger
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 cups chopped cilantro stems, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 Heat olive oil in a pot large enough to hold chicken wings in a single layer. Add chicken wings; cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Turn wings with tongs; cook until second side is browned, about 8 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl using tongs.
- 2 Stir onions, garlic, and ginger into the drippings in the pot; cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in rice and cumin. Add water, 1 1/2 cup cilantro stems, tomatoes, sriracha sauce, and salt.
- 3 Return wings to the pot. Bring broth to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice and wings are tender, about 30 minutes. Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup cilantro stems.
- Calories 388.4
- Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Fat 13.8 g
- Fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Sodium 937.4 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g