- Published Dec 27th
- Ready In55m
Chicken Divan Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Divan for 6 servings:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Chicken Divan Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Chicken Divan, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Divan is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Divan within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Divan easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- 2 Arrange cooked broccoli in prepared baking dish. Arrange chicken over broccoli. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts (see Cook's Note).
- 3 In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and melted butter. Mix together and pour sauce mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute fresh mushrooms for the canned, if desired: simply cook one 8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms with a tablespoon of olive oil or vegetable oil in a skillet until tender, then proceed with recipe.
- To substitute frozen broccoli, use two 10-ounce packages; follow the instructions for microwave or stovetop cooking until crisp-tender.
- You may also use 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. Place chicken breasts in a saucepan in lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 524 calories; 42.2 grams of fat; 18 grams of carbohydrates; 20 grams of protein; 72 milligrams of cholesterol; 1164 milligrams of sodium.