A quick way to prepare chicken. Can be served with fried rice. I sometimes add sweet red peppers for more color and vitamins. Serve on its own or with rice.
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves , cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 Sprinkle salt evenly over both sides of eggplant slices; set aside for 5 minutes. Cut eggplant into cubes.
- 2 Cook and stir chicken, garlic, and soy sauce together in a large skillet over medium heat until the chicken is nearly cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir mushrooms and black pepper into the chicken mixture; continue cooking until the mushrooms brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 Heat canola oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Cook eggplant in hot canola oil until lightly browned; add to skillet with the chicken.
- 5 Stir spinach through the chicken and eggplant mixture; cook and stir until the spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Calories 190.2
- Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Fat 6.3 g
- Fiber 4.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 599.6 mg
- Sugar 3.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.