Treat your family to a homemade gourmet pizza by using a store-bought flatbread. Swap out traditional marinara sauce with a creamy Parmesan-garlic white sauce, and top with chicken, spinach, and fresh, juicy tomatoes. Garnish with additional fresh spinach leaves if desired.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (7 ounce) 6x13-inch flatbread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 small tomatoes (such as Campari), sliced
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 2 Melt butter for sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until sauce starts to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Spread cooled sauce over the flatbread and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with spinach, chicken, tomatoes, onion, and salt. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- Calories 559.6
- Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Cholesterol 71 mg
- Fat 21.9 g
- Fiber 4.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Sodium 899.3 mg
- Sugar 6.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.