- Published Jun 14th
- Ready In1h 15m
Chicken Jalfrezi Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Jalfrezi for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Chicken Jalfrezi Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Chicken Jalfrezi, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Jalfrezi is about 55 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Jalfrezi within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Jalfrezi easily:
- 1 Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, and season with turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently, scraping the bottom of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.
- 2 Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan, and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Uncover, and simmer for another 10 minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate.
- 3 Add the ghee, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and cilantro, and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the chicken pieces with sauce spooned over the top.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 16.9 grams of fat; 6.7 grams of carbohydrates; 20.4 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 755 milligrams of sodium.