Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are stuffed with smoked fontina cheese and pieces of bacon and browned. I fix these in my iron skillet. Makes an elegant dish and the flavors are marvelous! This is great with peas.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded smoked fontina cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4-inch thick
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Cook bacon in a large oven-proof skillet until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Crumble bacon into a bowl; reserve drippings in skillet. Mix fontina cheese into bacon until combined.
- 3 Lay chicken breasts on a flat surface; place 1/4 cup of bacon-cheese mixture on top of each. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks; sprinkle with black pepper. Arrange rolls in the skillet containing reserved bacon drippings.
- 4 Brown chicken over medium heat until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Cover the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Calories 312.6
- Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.7 mg
- Fat 17.5 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 36 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Sodium 568.7 mg
- Sugar 0.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.