- Published Jan 7th
- Ready In45m
Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon for 4 servings:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded smoked fontina cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Rolls with Smoked Fontina and Bacon easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Cook bacon in a large oven-proof skillet until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Crumble bacon into a bowl; reserve drippings in skillet. Mix fontina cheese into bacon until combined.
- 3 Lay chicken breasts on a flat surface; place 1/4 cup of bacon-cheese mixture on top of each. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks; sprinkle with black pepper. Arrange rolls in the skillet containing reserved bacon drippings.
- 4 Brown chicken over medium heat until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Cover the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 313 calories; 17.5 grams of fat; 0.8 gram of carbohydrates; 36 grams of protein; 115 milligrams of cholesterol; 569 milligrams of sodium.