- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In50m
If you’re not a fan of chicken, try using shrimp, paneer, or tofu instead. Serve with rice or naan (or both).
Chicken Saagwala Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Saagwala for 2 servings:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Chicken Saagwala Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Chicken Saagwala, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Saagwala is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Saagwala within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Saagwala easily:
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir the chicken breast chunks, tomato paste, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf in with the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is opaque and the spices are fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Mix in the yogurt into the mixture until integrated; stir in the skim milk until thoroughly mixed. Cover the skillet, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low; allow to simmer until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the sauce has begun to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note
- If you're planning on using frozen spinach, defrost and drain it first and only add 1/4 cup of milk.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 7.6 grams of fat; 18.7 grams of carbohydrates; 26.9 grams of protein; 60 milligrams of cholesterol; 126 milligrams of sodium.