- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In50m
Chicken Saagwala Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Saagwala for 2 servings:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Chicken Saagwala Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Chicken Saagwala, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Saagwala is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Saagwala within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Saagwala easily:
- 1 Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir the chicken breast chunks, tomato paste, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf in with the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is opaque and the spices are fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Stir in the spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Mix in the yogurt into the mixture until integrated; stir in the skim milk until thoroughly mixed. Cover the skillet, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low; allow to simmer until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the sauce has begun to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note
- If you're planning on using frozen spinach, defrost and drain it first and only add 1/4 cup of milk.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 7.6 grams of fat; 18.7 grams of carbohydrates; 26.9 grams of protein; 60 milligrams of cholesterol; 126 milligrams of sodium.