This a fabulous one-pan meal. Serve with a salad and French bread. Just use left over fried, baked, or grilled chicken. You may substitute your family’s favorite vegetable in place of corn. Potatoes and roasted garlic can be done 1 to 2 days ahead. If preference is to use dried spices, then use 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme and rosemary. Use any cheese of your choice.
- 8 potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 medium head roasted garlic
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 To prepare roasted garlic: Cut head of garlic in half and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- 2 Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3 Peel, chop and boil potatoes until tender. Drain, then mash potatoes. Add butter, milk and roasted garlic and mix in. Set aside.
- 4 Arrange chicken evenly in the bottom of a casserole dish, then sprinkle with spices, then layer peppers, corn and all but 1/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes on top, sealing everything in. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until brown around edges.
- Calories 556.2
- Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Cholesterol 99 mg
- Fat 20.7 g
- Fiber 7.5 g
- Protein 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Sodium 446.4 mg
- Sugar 5.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.