A mushroom and tomato sour cream sauce over chicken and egg noodles make this the unofficial chicken version of Beef Stroganoff! Serve with garlic bread, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, then add mushrooms, chicken and garlic powder and stir together. Saute 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- 2 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, return noodles to pot and set aside.
- 3 Mix sour cream and soup together in a medium bowl, then add to chicken mixture. Heat through, then add to noodles and stir all together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Calories 592.5
- Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.9 mg
- Fat 23.8 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Sodium 909.3 mg
- Sugar 10.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.