- Published Jun 27th
- Ready In2h 55m
Chicken Tagine with Couscous Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken Tagine with Couscous for 6 servings:
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
Chicken Tagine with Couscous Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 30m
- Ready In2h 55m
To cook Chicken Tagine with Couscous, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken Tagine with Couscous is about 2 hours 30 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken Tagine with Couscous within 2 hours 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken Tagine with Couscous easily:
- 1 Place the chicken, onions, apricots, and raisins into a slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, curry powder, and cayenne. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the cooker. Cover, set the cooker to High, and cook 2 1/2 hours; or set the cooker to Low and cook for 5 hours.
- 2 Place the couscous into a saucepan, stir in the boiling water, cover, and let stand until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff the pasta with a fork. Scoop onto plates, and serve with chicken tagine.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 3.3 grams of fat; 45.7 grams of carbohydrates; 32 grams of protein; 69 milligrams of cholesterol; 132 milligrams of sodium.