Easy and great alternative to all the work of hand-wrapping chicken tamales, with no masa! Leftover cooked turkey works great too!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 5 pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Mix chicken, green enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup yogurt, salsa, and coriander together in a bowl.
- 3 Combine cornbread mix, remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, and water in a bowl. Spread half of the cornbread mixture in the bottom of the dish. Spoon chicken mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle pepperjack cheese and green olives over chicken mixture. Spread remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 325
- Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Fat 11.6 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 646.3 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g