- Published Jun 27th
- Ready In40m
Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms for 6 servings:
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray or mist with olive oil.
- 2 Combine salt, paprika, and pepper, and sprinkle over chicken cubes.
- 3 Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and lightly brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the casserole dish. Remove artichoke hearts from the marinade and place among the chicken cubes. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the marinade for later.
- 4 Melt remaining butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Combine flour and thyme; stir into the mushrooms. Mix chicken broth, sherry, and Dijon mustard together. Gradually add to the skillet, stirring constantly until lightly thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 5 Pour the sauce over the chicken and artichokes. Drizzle with the reserved artichoke marinade. Cover.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- I recommend the artichoke hearts that are in oil, vinegar, and spices for this recipe.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 9.9 grams of fat; 6.3 grams of carbohydrates; 24.1 grams of protein; 74 milligrams of cholesterol; 465 milligrams of sodium.