This is a dish adopted from the Liguria region of Italy combining chicken with tomatoes and black olives. Serve with herbed potatoes and crusty bread.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ (750 milliliter) bottle dry white wine
- 1 Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizing hammer, pound each breast to about 1/2 inch thick.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Briefly cook chicken breasts in oil, turning to lightly brown both sides. Add garlic and rosemary, and continue cooking until garlic is soft. Pour wine into pan, and cover pan with lid. Bring to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 3 Add tomatoes and olives to the pan; continue cooking, covered, for approximately 10 minutes
- Calories 595.1
- Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Fat 32.6 g
- Fiber 2.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Sodium 403.5 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g