- Published Jul 12th
- Ready In50m
Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles for 6 servings:
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 15 fluid ounces water
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chili Casserole with Egg Noodles easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x14 inch baking dish.
- 2 Fill a large pot with lightly-salted water and bring to a boil; stir in the egg noodles and return to a boil. Stirring occasionally, boil uncovered until the pasta is cooked yet still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 3 Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the ground beef in the skillet until completely browned. Add the onion and garlic; continue cooking and stirring until the onion is translucent. Pour all of the tomato sauce, water, and red wine into the mixture. Season with cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Mix the cooked pasta into the sauce; transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the top of the pasta and sauce.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the sauce has absorbed into the dish, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 510 calories; 20 grams of fat; 49 grams of carbohydrates; 27.6 grams of protein; 111 milligrams of cholesterol; 1129 milligrams of sodium.