I had this dish at a wedding banquet and it was very good. The sweet lychee nicely compliments the apples and shrimp. I have also tried this dish with potatoes instead of apples, it’s not as sweet, or try it with both. Great for light summer dinner, or as a surprising potluck dish.
- 1 (11 ounce) can lychee fruit, drained with juice reserved
- 1 pound cooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 3 Fuji apples - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 In a large bowl, combine lychees, shrimp and apples. Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 cup reserved lychee juice. Let chill for 15 minutes.
- 2 Remove from refrigerator and drain liquid. Combine drained liquid with mayonnaise and toss together with fruit. Chill for at least another hour and serve cold.
- Calories 212.1
- Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 151 mg
- Fat 8.2 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Sugar 7.3 g