- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In35m
This is a delicious dish. It is an authentic Chinese recipe that I use for my cooking. Baby bok choy and mushroom are the two main ingredients.
Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce for 8 servings:
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 heads baby bok choy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced portobello mushrooms
Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chinese-Style Baby Bok Choy with Mushroom Sauce easily:
- 1 In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Mix the potato starch and water in a small bowl, and stir it into the oyster sauce mixture until smooth.
- 2 Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil, and stir in salt and vegetable oil. Place the bok choy into the boiling water, and cook until tender, shiny, and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the bok choy, and arrange attractively on a serving platter.
- 3 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok until the oil shimmers, then toss the green onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 20 seconds; stir in the mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms begin to shrink slightly. Sprinkle the mushrooms lightly with salt. Continue to cook the mushrooms, stirring often, until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in the oyster sauce mixture, then stir until the sauce is thickened and coats the mushrooms, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour the thickened mushroom sauce over the bok choy; serve immediately.
Per Serving: 69 calories; 5.4 grams of fat; 4.7 grams of carbohydrates; 1.7 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 175 milligrams of sodium.