This is my adaptation of a Cuban-style marinade recipe for pork – I use it for chicken and think you’ll agree that the results are moist, tender, and delicious.
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic powder, chipotle powder, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add the chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 3 Lightly oil the grill grate, and then arrange chicken on grill. Cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side.
- Calories 275.3
- Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Fat 16.4 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g