Spicy, hearty chicken soup. I enjoy mine with some slices of sourdough bread to dip in the soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if needed
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 head garlic, minced, or to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (such as Embasa®), chopped, adobo sauce reserved, or to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (leaves only), chopped
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2 Pour chicken broth into saucepan; add chicken. Place a lid on the saucepan and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- 3 Put chopped chipotle peppers in a bowl with about half the reserved adobo sauce; stir. Mix tomatoes and cilantro together in a separate bowl.
- 4 Stir chipotle mixture into the broth mixture a spoonful at a time, stirring and tasting between each addition, until the level of spiciness is to your liking. Remove saucepan from heat and stir tomatoes with cilantro into the soup.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Fat 7.3 g
- Fiber 4.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 1154 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.