Shortbread with chocolate. The best of both worlds.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2 Sift together flour and cornstarch; set aside. Cream butter until smooth, then add white sugar, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat until fluffy. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until dough forms.
- 3 On a floured surface, knead in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Shape dough into two equal parts, pat each into a 6 inch round, and transfer to baking sheet. Cut into wedges.
- 4 Bake 25 minutes. Remove immediately to cool on wire rack. Melt remaining chips and drizzle over wedges.
- Calories 179.9
- Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Fat 10.5 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Sodium 89.2 mg
- Sugar 9.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.