Almond flavored cheesecake with bittersweet chocolate swirled through for a marbled effect.
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Mix well. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- 2 In the top of a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- 3 In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the almond extract and sour cream. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the filling into a smaller bowl. Stir the melted chocolate into the smaller bowl, then fold loosely back into plain filling. Pour into crust. With the tip of a knife, swirl the filling to create a marbled effect.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and let cake cool in oven for 1 hour, with the door closed. Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Calories 421.4
- Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Fat 28.7 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Sodium 274 mg
- Sugar 24.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.