- Published Mar 28th
Chocolate Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chocolate Biscotti for 24 servings:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
Chocolate Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Chocolate Biscotti easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 2 In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the almonds; mix well with a spoon. Stir in the almonds until well blended; the dough will be thick and sticky.
- 3 Place half of the dough on a 10 x 15 inch rimmed cookie sheet that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Form a slightly rounded 4 x 12 inch loaf that is about 3/4 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining dough on a second cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4 Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C). Allow the loaves to cool for 20 to 25 minutes, then cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay the slices cut side down on the cookie sheets and bake for 15 more minutes. Turn the cookies over and bake another 15 minutes or until very crisp. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container. Will keep several weeks.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 3.8 grams of fat; 29.1 grams of carbohydrates; 4.1 grams of protein; 39 milligrams of cholesterol; 117 milligrams of sodium.