Its an old recipe that my mom has used for years and has always been a favorite of everyone of all ages.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package fruit flavored Jell-O® mix
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 (1.3 ounce) envelopes whipped topping mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan. Poke holes in cake while still hot with a fork. Make gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water, then stir in cold water. Slowly pour liquid gelatin over hot cake. Cool cake completely in the freezer before frosting.
- 2 To make the frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat together the instant pudding, whipped topping and milk until thickened. Pour over completely cooled cake. Keep cake in freezer until ready to serve.
- Calories 342.8
- Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Fat 8.3 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Sodium 658.5 mg
- Sugar 34.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.