This recipe uses chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling for an easy and delicious cake with a frosting made with chocolate chips.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, and three eggs. Mix until well blended.
- 2 Bake in well greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 3 To Make Frosting: Combine sugar, butter or margarine, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook 1 minute.
- 4 Remove from heat.
- 5 Stir in chocolate pieces until melted and smooth.
- 6 Frost when cake is cool.
- Calories 291.1
- Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Fat 11.4 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 280.2 mg
- Sugar 27.5 g