Easy, delicious cherries. Just like you buy in the box! It’s best to let the candies ripen for 1 to 2 weeks.
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound chocolate confectioners' coating
- 1 Drain cherries and set on paper towels to dry.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and knead to form a dough. Chill to stiffen if necessary. Wrap each cherry in about 1 teaspoon of dough. Chill until firm.
- 3 Melt confectioners' coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Dip each cherry in by its stem, and place on waxed paper lined sheets. Chill until completely set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Best after 1 or 2 weeks.
- Calories 68.2
- Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Sugar 4.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.