Ridged potato chips are dipped into tempered milk chocolate for an elegant treat that everyone will enjoy. This recipe also works for pretzels, popcorn and any kind of nut.
- 1 pound high quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 8 cups ridged potato chips
- 1 Place about 3/4 of the chocolate into a heat safe bowl, and place over the top of a pan of simmering water. If you have a double boiler, use that. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted, then continue to heat the chocolate to 110 degrees F (43 degrees C), stirring occasionally. You may use a meat thermometer if your candy thermometer does not go that low.
- 2 As soon as the melted chocolate reaches temperature, remove it from the heat, and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate until melted. Continue stirring until the chocolate has cooled to 90 degrees F (32 degrees C). Touching a dab of chocolate to your lip will feel cool.
- 3 Use tongs to dip potato chips one at a time into the chocolate. Place on waxed paper starting at the point farthest from you and working your way in so as not to drip on your finished chips. Cool until set. You may refrigerate if you like.
- Calories 363.4
- Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Fat 21.6 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Sodium 234.1 mg
- Sugar 14.6 g