- Published Aug 27th
Chocolate Earthquake Cake I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chocolate Earthquake Cake I for 18 servings:
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Chocolate Earthquake Cake I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Chocolate Earthquake Cake I easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x12 inch cake pan. Cover the bottom of the cake pan with the chopped nuts and the flaked coconut.
- 2 Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over chopped nuts and coconut.
- 3 Melt butter or margarine, add cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Stir until blended. Spoon over unbaked batter.
- 4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 42 minutes. Please note: you cannot test for doneness, as the cake will appear sticky even when it is done. The icing sinks into the batter as it bakes, forming the white ribbon inside. Makes 16 servings.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 17.4 grams of fat; 54.6 grams of carbohydrates; 3.5 grams of protein; 27 milligrams of cholesterol; 306 milligrams of sodium.