This is a variation of the chow mein clusters that you often see around Christmas time! It’s easy to do with the cereal you have in your cupboard; in fact, that’s how I invented the recipe! The Rice Krispies® make it reminiscent of a Nestle® Crunch bar.
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies®)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 Set up a double-boiler over low heat. Put baking sheets into freezer to cool them.
- 2 Combine 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cup butterscotch chips in the double-boiler and mix continuously until nearly melted, about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips; continue to cook and stir until the chips are completely melted, about 10 minutes more. Fold rice cereal and salted peanuts into the melted chip mixture.
- 3 Remove baking sheets from freezer and cover each with a sheet of waxed paper. Remove chocolate mixture from heat and drop spoonfuls of it onto the waxed paper. Heap the cookies into tidy piles for visual appeal.
- 4 Put filled baking sheets into the fridge until the chocolate hardens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 229.9
- Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Fat 14.2 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Sugar 16.6 g