Indulgent, intense, dark chocolate flavor that will satisfy any chocolate lover.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso or strong coffee
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
- 1 Mix sugar, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a large saucepan. Stir in water, espresso, and almond extract. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth, remove from heat and stir in the coffee liqueur. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover, and chill completely in the refrigerator or using an ice bath.
- 2 Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until slightly thickened according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and freeze until firm enough to scoop, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Calories 254.8
- Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Fat 2 g
- Fiber 4.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Sugar 53 g