- Published Oct 9th
- Ready In35m
Chorizo Fundido Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chorizo Fundido for 8 servings:
- 8 ounces fresh pork chorizo
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, white and lighter green parts (green parts reserved)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 poblano chile peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Chorizo Fundido Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Chorizo Fundido, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chorizo Fundido is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Chorizo Fundido within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chorizo Fundido easily:
- 1 Place chorizo, green onions, red bell pepper, poblano chilies, and jalapeno in a cold skillet. Turn heat to medium-high. As skillet comes up to temperature break up chorizo into very small pieces. Continue cooking until sausage is browned and peppers are barely cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. If sausage releases a lot of grease, mop up some with a paper towel.
- 2 Mix cream cheese, sausage mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream in a bowl. Transfer to a shallow, heat-proof baking dish.
- 3 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- 4 Broil on high until browned and bubbly, 5 or 6 minutes.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 30.7 grams of fat; 4.1 grams of carbohydrates; 19.2 grams of protein; 84 milligrams of cholesterol; 640 milligrams of sodium.