Published Mar 21st
Prep - Cook 20m Additional 8h Ready In 8h 20m
Servings 6 servings Calories 155.9
This is one of our family’s favorites at Christmas. It not only tastes great, it is beautiful on any holiday plate. This recipe is very simple and everyone will want to know how you made it.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pear halves in juice
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
- 6 leaves butterhead lettuce
- 1 Drain the liquid from the cans of pears into a saucepan. Add red hot candies to the juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the candy has dissolved. Stir in the food coloring, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- 2 Place the pear halves in a deep bowl. Pour the liquid over the pears, cover, and refrigerate overnight. You may want to stir a couple of times to evenly distribute the color. Serve pear halves cold on top of a leaf of lettuce.
- Calories 155.9
- Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Fat 0.2 g
- Fiber 3.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Sugar 28.7 g