My family demands this casserole every Christmas morning. I’ve only once dared to try something new, and this was sorely missed! Make this for a brunch and I guarantee you will get recipe requests. This family-favorite is not very healthy, so it only comes out for special occasions.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set butter in a 6x10-inch casserole dish; place dish in the preheating oven until butter is melted.
- 2 Mix cottage cheese, Jack cheese, green chiles, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer. Pour mixture into the melted butter in the casserole dish.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake until middle of casserole is set, about 50 more minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 480.9
- Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 321.9 mg
- Fat 37.5 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Sodium 1235 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g