- Published Dec 18th
- Ready In9h 20m
This was the casserole my mom made every year for Christmas morning.
Christmas Morning Egg Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Christmas Morning Egg Casserole for 8 servings:
- cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 7 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 pound American cheese, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Christmas Morning Egg Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In9h 20m
To cook Christmas Morning Egg Casserole, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Christmas Morning Egg Casserole is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Christmas Morning Egg Casserole within 9 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Christmas Morning Egg Casserole easily:
- 1 Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Spread ham into the bottom of prepared casserole dish. Butter one side of each bread slice; cut slices into cubes. Arrange buttered bread cubes atop ham; layer American cheese over bread cubes.
- 3 Whisk milk, eggs, mustard powder, and salt together in a bowl; pour over American cheese layer. Cover dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove aluminum foil from casserole.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and eggs are set in the middle, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 24.4 grams of fat; 16.2 grams of carbohydrates; 22 grams of protein; 200 milligrams of cholesterol; 1333 milligrams of sodium.