- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In1h 15m
Our new fall favorite, this delicious soup is a combination of basic ingredients and a generous helping of vegetables. If you love butternut squash as much as we do, you’ll love this hearty soup!
Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Chunky Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup easily:
- 1 Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add butternut squash, carrots, celery, and garlic. Stir to combine and cook until slightly tender, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Pour milk and Italian seasoning into the pot with the butternut squash mixture. Stir in cornstarch gradually until combined. Bring to a boil. Mix in diced tomatoes, broth, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors are well combined and squash is softened, about 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle basil over each.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 9.6 grams of fat; 44.4 grams of carbohydrates; 9.8 grams of protein; 19 milligrams of cholesterol; 1060 milligrams of sodium.