A Cheddar cheese soup filled with chunks of vegetables and ham.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 In a large saucepan, mix the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 2 Mix the ham into the vegetable mixture.
- 3 In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour until smooth. Slowly pour in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted.
- 4 Mix the melted cheese mixture with the vegetable mixture and serve.
- Calories 280.7
- Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Fat 19.1 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 873.5 mg
- Sugar 4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.