A must-have recipe for the Jewish holidays or any time! Not to mention it’s the perfect counterpart to your favorite potato latke recipe! Serve warm or chilled.
- 12 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and cut into large chunks
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup white sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Cook apples and orange juice in a large heavy pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, until apples begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, lemon zest, nutmeg, and lemon juice into apples. Cook, stirring often, until applesauce is chunky and thickened, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
- Calories 134.9
- Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Fat 0.2 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Sugar 31.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.