- Published Apr 17th
- Ready In1h
Chunky Monkey Cupcakes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Chunky Monkey Cupcakes for 12 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- For the Dark Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup very hot, but not boiling cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 12 dried banana chips
- For Garnish:
Chunky Monkey Cupcakes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Chunky Monkey Cupcakes, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Chunky Monkey Cupcakes is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Chunky Monkey Cupcakes within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Chunky Monkey Cupcakes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- 2 Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- 3 Mash bananas with milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 4 Mix butter and sugar together with a spatula until creamy. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, then whisk in the banana mixture. Add walnuts, chocolate, and the flour mixture. Mix batter with a spatula until no dry spots remain.
- 5 Fill muffin cups to the top with batter, then distribute excess batter as needed. Tap pan against the counter to expel any air bubbles.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until tops are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes.
- 7 Pour hot cream over chocolate chips in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes, then whisk, increasing speed gradually, until color is uniform. Spread ganache over the cooled cupcakes and garnish with banana chips. Refrigerate to firm up the frosting, if desired.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 31.4 grams of fat; 61.7 grams of carbohydrates; 7 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 387 milligrams of sodium.