Before I made this chicken breast recipe I had never cooked with cilantro. This is a great way to start. Now I am not afraid of sprinkling it into tacos, or any Mexican type of dish. This is also great to have for leftovers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add rice and cook until golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer toasted rice to a bowl.
- 3 Add remaining oil, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4 Return toasted rice to the Dutch oven. Stir in broth, wine, water, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until 1/2 the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 5 Stir onion mixture, chicken, and tomatoes into the Dutch oven and cover with a lid.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 7 Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Calories 419
- Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 29 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Sodium 953.3 mg
- Sugar 5.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.