This is a great summer recipe. It’s easy and not much mess to clean up. My family loves it! The chicken stays very moist and leftovers are yummy! Serve over your favorite pasta. I serve over linguini with Alfredo sauce.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (28 ounce) jar chunky marinara sauce (such as Barilla®)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons crushed oregano
- 1 Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 2 Shake bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley flakes together in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 3 Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken breasts in beaten eggs; dredge in bread crumb mixture. Dip and dredge each chicken breast once more.
- 4 Spray a microwave-safe dish large enough to hold chicken breasts in a single layer with cooking spray. Arrange breaded chicken breasts in the dish. Spray tops of the chicken breasts with cooking spray.
- 5 Cook in the microwave at 50% power for 6 minutes. Pour marinara sauce over chicken breasts. Cover and cook at 100% power for 12 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and oregano over sauce. Cover dish and let stand until mozzarella cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Calories 668.9
- Carbohydrate 51 g
- Cholesterol 209.2 mg
- Fat 26.6 g
- Fiber 7.1 g
- Protein 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- Sodium 1973.2 mg
- Sugar 19.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.