These sweet puffy confections with chopped apple are drizzled with caramel sauce and dusted with cinnamon.
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Stevia In The Raw®
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and finely diced
- ½ cup Sugar In The Raw®
- ¼ cup Stevia In The Raw®
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 In a medium saucepan, bring milk, 1/2 cup cider, butter, 1 tablespoon Stevia In The Raw, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- 2 Immediately add flour and cinnamon and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon on the heat until mixture comes together. Continue stirring until dough is smooth and pulls away from sides of pan.
- 3 Transfer dough to bowl or stand mixer and cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, stirring to completely incorporate each egg before adding the next. Dough should be smooth and shiny. Stir in apples. Set aside.
- 4 In a small saucepan, combine Sugar In The Raw®, 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw, and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and cook syrup until deep amber colored, swirling pan as needed to prevent burning.
- 5 Remove from heat and slowly add 1/3 cup cider. Stir until smooth. If caramel seems runny, simmer to reduce until thickened and syrupy. Stir in vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 6 In a large heavy pot or deep skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees F.
- 7 Drop tablespoons of dough into oil in batches of 8 and cook until golden all over.
- 8 Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 9 Repeat with remaining dough.
- 10 To serve, drizzle beignets with caramel sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Calories 380.3
- Carbohydrate 34 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Fat 25.5 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Sugar 20 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.