Nothing beats cinnamon buns on a cold morning.
- ¼ cup butter, chilled
- 2 ½ cups baking mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- 2 Cut cold butter into 1/4 inch cubes. Toss cubes with baking mix until coated. Beat 1/2 cup milk and egg together; stir into butter mixture.
- 3 Turn dough onto cloth covered board generously dusted with baking mix; roll to coat. Fold and knead 10 times. Roll into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter or margarine. Mix sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over dough. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side. Pinch edge into roll. Cut into 12 slices with a sharp knife. Place cut sides down in prepared pan.
- 4 Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool for 15 minutes.
- 5 Mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon milk until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon buns. Serve.
- Calories 198.1
- Carbohydrate 32 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Fat 6.7 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Sodium 544.6 mg
- Sugar 14.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.