- Published Mar 29th
- Ready In30m
Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits for 10 servings:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange juice (optional)
Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Cinnamon-Raisin Yogurt Biscuits easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Stir white sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Combine half the sugar mixture, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the crumbly mixture; add yogurt and raisins to the well. Stir just until dough clings together.
- 3 Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead 8 to 10 times. Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 5 Whisk confectioners' sugar and orange juice together in a bowl until icing is smooth; drizzle over warm biscuits.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute the orange juice for water or milk, if needed.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 5.2 grams of fat; 38.2 grams of carbohydrates; 4.1 grams of protein; 14 milligrams of cholesterol; 237 milligrams of sodium.