- Published Jan 15th
- Ready In4h 40m
Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops for 2 servings:
- 2 naval oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (1 1/2 inches thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) ham steaks (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 dill pickle slices
Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops Cooking Instructions
- Ready In4h 40m
To cook Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops within 4 hours 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork Chops easily:
- 1 Place the orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil in to a blender. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper, then puree until smooth. Pour half of the vinaigrette into a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate the remaining for use later as a sauce.
- 2 Cut each pork chop from one side through the middle horizontally to within one-half inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them out like an open book. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick, then place the pork chops into the bag with the marinade. Squeeze out any excess air, and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- 3 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the pork chops from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- 4 Open the pork chops onto your work surface. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each pork chop. Cover the cheese with the ham steaks, then fan the sliced pickles on top of the ham steaks. Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese over the pickles. Fold the top half of the pork chop over the filling, and secure with several toothpicks.
- 5 Cook on the preheated grill until the pork is no longer pink in the center and the filling is hot, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the filling should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Serve with the reserved citrus vinaigrette drizzled overtop.
Per Serving: 1508 calories; 100.4 grams of fat; 32.9 grams of carbohydrates; 116.1 grams of protein; 309 milligrams of cholesterol; 1713 milligrams of sodium.