- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In55m
A delicious fish with a summery flavor! Preparation Time: 25 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa for 6 servings:
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Citrus Swordfish With Citrus Salsa easily:
- 1 Make the salsa: In a medium-size bowl, combine oranges, pineapple chunks, mango, minced jalapenos, 3 tablespoons orange juice, diced red bell pepper, sugar, and cilantro. Mix well, and refrigerate covered.
- 2 In a non-reactive bowl, mix 1/2 cup orange juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, and pineapple juice concentrate. Place swordfish steaks in bowl, and turn to coat well. Marinate the swordfish in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- 3 Prepare an outside grill with oiled rack set 6 inches from the heat source. On a gas grill, set the heat to medium-high.
- 4 Grill the swordfish on each side for a total time of about 12 to 15 minutes, until opaque in the center. Serve the grilled fish with the salsa.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 7 grams of fat; 14 grams of carbohydrates; 23.2 grams of protein; 44 milligrams of cholesterol; 103 milligrams of sodium.