Sweet and crunchy, this caramel corn is easy to make and tastes better than the county fair’s.
- Mazola Pure® Cooking Spray
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- ½ cup butter OR margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.
- 2 Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3 Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- 4 Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.
- 5 Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 6 Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.
- Calories 395
- Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Fat 21 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Sodium 567.3 mg
- Sugar 32.3 g